Pivot Table Groups

  1. #1
    Chris
    Guest

    Pivot Table Groups

    Hi all,

    Can anyone tell me how to create groups on a field in an Excel Pivot
    Table such that I can manually structure the groups themselves.

    E.G.

    I have a field with integer values from 1 to 30. I want to create 3
    summary/grouped values for the field - 1 to 12, 13-20, and 21-30. I
    then want to be able to provide summary reports on those groups rather
    than each individual value in the field.

    Thanks in advance for your help!

    Chris Gill

  2. #2
    Debra Dalgleish
    Guest

    Re: Pivot Table Groups

    In the pivot table, you could manually select the items, and group them
    (PivotTable>Group and Show Detail>Group)

    Or, in a new column in the source data, calculate the grouping, and add
    that field to the pivot table.

    --
    Debra Dalgleish
    Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List

  3. #3
    Chris
    Guest

    Re: Pivot Table Groups

    Hi Debra,

    Thanks. I tried the Group function in Group and Show Detail, but I
    couldn't figure out how to create irregularly sized groups of my
    choosing. Do you have more information about how to use this function?