Formula

  1. #1
    Gerd
    Guest

    Formula

    I have column A with Prices; column B contains formula - Price x 0.05; column
    C contains formula - sum of Col A and Col B. When I drag these formulas down
    the rows that do not contain any data in col A show $ -
    Is there any way that I can modify the formulas so that when there is no
    price in column A that nothing will show up in columns B and C.
    Thank you very much for any help.

    Gerd

  2. #2
    Kevin Vaughn
    Guest

    RE: Formula

    You can test for the absence of data in column A and return "" (nothing.)
    In B for instance, try something like =if(a2 = "", "", a2 * .05)
    and in C, maybe =if(a2 = "", "", sum(a2:b2))

    then again, you could use a2 + b2 rather than sum since you are just adding
    2 columns.

    =if(a2 = "", "", a2 + b2)

    --
    Kevin Vaughn

  3. #3

    RE: Formula

    "Gerd" wrote:
    > I have column A with Prices; column B contains formula
    > - Price x 0.05; column C contains formula - sum of Col A
    > and Col B. [....]
    > Is there any way that I can modify the formulas so that
    > when there is no price in column A that nothing will show
    > up in columns B and C.

    I don't know of an easy way (e.g, a Calculation option).
    But you could put the following formulas in col B and C:

    B1: =if(isblank(A1),"",0.05*A1)
    C1: =if(isblank(A1),"",A1+B1)

  4. #4
    dmexcel
    Guest

    Re: Formula

    goto tools,option,view,uncheck zero values