Return Pay Date

  1. #1
    Kaye
    Guest

    Return Pay Date

    Hi - I'm building a budget spreadsheet in which ...

    Col B contains "DUE DATE", Col C "AMOUNT", and Col D "DESCRIPTION".

    I need help in the way of a formular in cell J1 that will return the
    date (from col B) of the next pay.

    The next pay is denoted with "Pay" in col D, DESCRIPTION. That is, I
    want the formula to look down col D (Description) for the first entry
    "Pay" and return the date of that pay that appears 2 rows left in col
    B.

    Any help would be appreciated.

    Regards, Kaye

  2. #2
    Nick Hodge
    Guest

    Re: Return Pay Date

    Kaye

    I worked with dates in B2:B25 so change to suit and obviously also change
    the lookup range in the MATCH function.You will need to format J1 as date

    =INDEX(B2:B25,MATCH("Pay",D2:D25,0))

    Nick Hodge
    Microsoft MVP - Excel
    Southampton, England