Linking to another worksheet

  1. #1
    Andrew Stephen
    Guest

    Linking to another worksheet

    Hi

    I am not sure I am go to explain this correctly, but I will try my best.

    I have a workbook with a number of worksheets called week 1, week 2 up to
    week 52.

    I then have a summary sheet that is used to summarise data from the various
    weeks. In the summary worksheet I have a column listing the weeks

    ie
    5 Week 1
    6 Week 2
    7 Week 3
    etc

    and what I would like to do is use the name of the week to link to the
    worksheets rather then using say ='Week 2'!T$27 as I have approx 50 cells
    that I summarise the day and would like to make adding of a new week a
    little easier.

    I hope I have explained this OK and appreciated any suggestions.

    Cheers
    Andrew

  2. #2
    Ron de Bruin
    Guest

    Re: Linking to another worksheet

    hi Andrew

    You can use indirect

    With the sheet names in B

    =INDIRECT("'" & B1 &"'!A1")

    If your sheet names are Week 1, Week 2..... Week 52 you can also use this
    Then copy this formula in A1 and copy down

    =INDIRECT("'Week " & ROW()&"'!A1")

    --
    Regards Ron de Bruin
    http://www.rondebruin.nl