How to convert VLOOPUP error value #NA to 0?

  1. #1
    Rex
    Guest

    How to convert VLOOPUP error value #NA to 0?

    Trying to sum a column that was built using VLOOKUP. Several of the values
    returned in the column are #NA. The column will not sum. How can we write
    the VLOOKUP formula to return error values = to 0 rather than #NA?

  2. #2
    bpeltzer
    Guest

    RE: How to convert VLOOPUP error value #NA to 0?

    Embed your vlookup inside an if. Instead of =vlookup(...), use
    =if(isna(vlookup(...)),0,vlookup(...))

  3. #3
    RagDyeR
    Guest

    Re: How to convert VLOOPUP error value #NA to 0?

    You could change the Sum() formula:

    =SUMIF(A1:A20,"<>#N/A")
    --

    HTH,

    RD

    news:[email protected]...

  4. #4
    Pete_UK
    Guest

    Re: How to convert VLOOPUP error value #NA to 0?

    Another way - adjust your VLOOKUP formulae to the following:

    =IF(ISNA(VLOOKUP formula),0,VLOOKUP formula)

    and copy this down.

    Hope this helps.

    Pete

  5. #5
    Ken Wright
    Guest

    Re: How to convert VLOOPUP error value #NA to 0?

    General soln is

    =IF(ISNA(Your_Formula),0,Your_Formula)

    --
    Regards