Formula Help!!!

  1. #1
    Guest

    Formula Help!!!

    Dear
    We have a excel file. I want create a report . Our worksheet information as
    below.

    1. A column as 20 field , a special field type "YES" ( NOT ALL Field),
    2. I have a field name is No of "YES".

    Please advice how to create formula for count how many "YES".

    Thanks
    Jackie Wong

  2. #2
    Forum Expert
    England
    MS-Off Ver
    1,500
    countif(range,"yes") should work just substitute the range eg countif(a2:a70,"yes") the yes is not case sensitive

    regards

    Dav

  3. #3

    Re: Formula Help!!!

    For instance:

    =COUNTIF(F11:F15;"=yes")

    Hans

  4. #4
    Eddy Stan
    Guest

    RE: Formula Help!!!

    Hi

    I really don't understand your question.
    If you want to count number of "yes" in column "B" you can give the formula
    below.
    =COUNTIF(B:B,"Yes")
    if you are specific on range example b5:b200, you can give as
    =COUNTIF(B5:B200,"Yes")
    If you want to count in a row, say row 10 then
    =COUNTIF(10:10,"YES")

  5. #5
    Guest

    Re: Formula Help!!!