Extract the hour from a cell showing the date and time

  1. #1
    Paul Sexton
    Guest

    Extract the hour from a cell showing the date and time

    I have a field that shows Date and time in the same field. That shows like
    this

    1/3/05 12:06 PM

    I need to extract either 13:00 or 13 or 1 PM from this field. Text to
    collumns does not work. I need a formula.

    Can you help?

    Paul

  2. #2
    Guest

    Re: Extract the hour from a cell showing the date and time

    Hi

    I don't quite understand why you want 13:00, but as a start, try:
    =MOD(A2,1)
    This will 'chop off' the date bit, leaving just the time section.

    Hope this helps.
    Andy.

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Carl Hilton
    Guest

    Re: Extract the hour from a cell showing the date and time

    Why not try HOUR() or HOUR(TIMEVALUE()).

    Carl