Conditional formatting

  1. #1
    Kelly
    Guest

    Conditional formatting

    If a date appears in column K and not in column L how do I turn the cell in
    column M red showing an X?

  2. #2
    CLR
    Guest

    RE: Conditional formatting

    IN M1 type this formula.......

    =IF(AND(LEN(K1)=5,LEN(L1)<>5),"X","")

    Then, select M1, and do Format > ConditonalFormatting and set Cell Value Is,
    Equal To, X.....then do the format button and select PatternTab > select
    the red square > OK > OK

    Vaya con Dios,
    Chuck, CABGx3

  3. #3
    Kelly
    Guest

    RE: Conditional formatting

    Sorry. I gave the wrong information. What i am trying to accomplish is if
    Column A has a letter value in it and there is no date value in column b,
    then i want column c to have the letter "x" put in it and the cell background
    color formatted to red. Additionally, if there is a letter value in Column A
    and a date value in Column B, then Column C should remain blank.

  4. #4
    CLR
    Guest

    RE: Conditional formatting

    Change the formula to the following and put it in C1 instead of
    M1......Conditional Formatting instructions will stay the same but be
    performed on C1 instead of M1.

    =IF(AND(ISTEXT(A1),LEN(A1)=1,LEN(B1)<>5),"X","")

    hth
    Vaya con Dios,
    Chuck, CABGx3

  5. #5
    CLR
    Guest

    RE: Conditional formatting

    Didn't we just do this under your other post "Conditional Formatting"?

    Vaya con Dios,
    Chuck, CABGx3