Formula Help

  1. #1
    Jake
    Guest

    Formula Help

    I need help in setting up a formula based upon a value. What i need is, if
    the value of a specific cell is between -49 - 29, i need an "OK" in another
    cell.
    So, if the value of (A3) is 12, then i want an "OK" to automatically come up
    in (A4).
    Is this do-able? I know you can do "IF" formulas, but I cant find one that
    fits.
    Also, is there a way to turn a formula off if theres no value within a cell.
    For example, i have a column titled "Bid" , one titled "Actual Amount" and
    one titled "Difference." before the actual amount comes in, i leave the
    cells blank, but i already have the "bid" amount and the formula specified in
    "Actual Amount". So, i get a VALUE!# error message in my "Actual Amount"
    cell.
    I hope this makes sense. lol

  2. #2
    Hello Jake,

    You need a combination AND and IF statement:

    =IF(AND(A3>=-49,A3<=-29,A3<>""),"OK","")

    If you have any questions with it email back!

    Judith

  3. #3
    CLR
    Guest

    RE: Formula Help

    =IF(AND(A1>=-49,A1<=-29),"ok","")

    =IF(A4=12,"OK","")

    Wrap your formula in an Error Trap, as......

    =IF(ISERR(YourFormula,"",YourFormula)

    hth
    Vaya con Dios,
    Chuck, CABGx3

  4. #4
    Jake
    Guest

    RE: Formula Help

    Thanks CLR and Judith. The first two formulas work perfectly.

    about the error trap, im getting errors left and right. or, TRUE is
    filling. i just want a blank cell instead of TRUE. is that possible?
    here are my two current formulas that need blanks if data is not there:

    =ISERR(IF(AND(J31>=-49.99,J31<=29.99,J31<>""),"OK",""))
    i get a TRUE statement on that. i just want blank.

    =ISERR(SUM(F31-G31))
    i get a TRUE statement on that. i just want blank.

    thanks again everyone,
    and thanks in advance too.

  5. #5
    Jake
    Guest

    RE: Formula Help

    ok, nevermind. i got it now.
    thanks all.

    these boards need an "Edit" feature. lol

  6. #6
    CLR
    Guest

    RE: Formula Help

    That's ok Jake, as someone told me once "we seem to get a lot smarter just as
    soon as we press the send button <g>".......

    Glad you got it working, and thanks for the feedback.......

    Vaya con Dios,
    Chuck, CABGx3