Retail Price rounding help needed

  1. #1
    Graham Clarke
    Guest

    Retail Price rounding help needed

    I have a formula that I found here in earlier searches, that works fairly
    well, but has a couple of annomolies I'd like help with.

    I have a cloumn of costs (A) , that I want to take a certain margin at. Say
    40% margin. I just throw another column beside (B) it and get it to take -
    Acell/.60
    This gives me the raw retail at my 40% margin. The original problem was
    this puts retails at 3.47, 6.24, etc. I wanted a formula to round up to the
    nearest .09 cents up. This way I maintain my margin and price it at a proper
    retail price.
    The formula I got from this group was:

    INT((10*A3)+1)/10-0.01 ---->A3 being the cell I want to round up

    There are 3 price points however that I don't want rounded up to.
    I don't want any price to end in .09, .59, and .89

    Is there some IF/Then statement I can use or some additional formula that I
    can add that will look for these 3 price points, and round another dime up.
    So, if my price was 1.09, 2.09, 3.09, etc, these would round up to 1.19,
    2.19, 3.19.
    Same with the other 2 price points:
    1.59, 2.59, 3.59 would round up to 1.69, 2.69, 3.69 etc.

    Any help would be great. If you need further info, I will supply it.

    It's almost as if I need a wildcard in my formula - "If A1 = x.09, then add
    $0.10
    Unfortunately x, nor any other wildcards have worked for me.

    Thanks all

    Graham

  2. #2
    JE McGimpsey
    Guest

    Re: Retail Price rounding help needed

    I'm sure there's a more elegant solution, but here's one way:

    =CEILING(A3/0.6, 0.1) - CHOOSE(MOD(CEILING(A3/0.06,1),10)+1, 0.01,
    -0.09, 0.01, 0.01, 0.01, 0.01, -0.09, 0.01, 0.01, -0.09)