password protect sheets

  1. #1
    rufusf
    Guest

    password protect sheets

    Hi

    Is it possible to password protect individual sheets? I have a workbook
    where i want to restrict access to certain sheets (i.e. by using a
    password)

    thanks

    rufusf

    --
    rufusf

  2. #2
    Gord Dibben
    Guest

    Re: password protect sheets

    Select the sheet to protect.

    Tools>Protection>Protect sheet. At this point enter a password and OK.

    Note: sheet protection passwords are easily cracked by average users so no
    guarantees that the access will not be compromised.

    If you don't want others to see data, do not include that data in the workbook.

    Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

  3. #3
    rufusf
    Guest

    Re: password protect sheets

    Apologies - what I meant is password protect access to the sheet (not
    protect data) so that when you select the sheet it can only be
    displayed after entering a password?

    Thanks

    rufusf

    --