=LOOKUP help please

  1. #1

    =LOOKUP help please

    Hello!

    Im atempting to build a quote sheet with excel.The problem I am having is that the function I built wont show the value, It only shows the function.I tried switching the toggle in tools/otions/veiws but that wasnt it ,it just made all the other formulas show up.The function is as follows.

    =LOOKUP(Sheet2!C2,Sheet2!A1:A35,Sheet2!B1:B35)

    What I am doing is using a drop down box to fill in a cell for wood species then using the lookup to fill in the wood cost associated with it .When I build the function the value shows up in the bulder box corectly even when I change the info in the drop down combo box.I also changed the the drop down cell location to a different sheet incase the drop down box was interfering.I am stumped any Ideas would be helpful.
    Bob

  2. #2

    Re: =LOOKUP help please

    It sounds like the cell is formatted as text.
    Select the cell
    format|cells|number tab
    choose General (or anything but Text)
    click ok

    Select the cell
    Hit F2, then enter.
    That should make excel reevaluate that cell.

  3. #3

    Thank You!

    You were absolutley correct !thanks for the help.

    Bob S.