Allow relative referencing for imbedded sheetnames in formulas

  1. #1
    Ted
    Guest

    Allow relative referencing for imbedded sheetnames in formulas

    Please share whether it is possible to somehow imbed sheet names contained in
    a cell to allow for relative referencing in a formula...so autofill can be
    used to fill in sheets....

    I have a spreadsheet which contains a column with account numbers:

    ACCT #
    1 =SUMIF(SheetReference1,Cell,SheetReference1)
    2 =SUMIF(SheetReference2,Cell,SheetReference2)
    3 =SUMIF(SheetReference3,Cell,SheetReference3)
    4 =SUMIF(SheetReference4,Cell,SheetReference4)

    These Account numbers are also the name of sheets.
    I need to use the SUMIF function to extract information from each sheet.
    However, when I copy paste the formula down I have to manually go into each
    cell and change the sheet reference. This can be quite annoying because the
    SUMIF function contains the sheet reference twice. If I could imbed the
    Account Number as a sheet reference I could save myself a lot of typing....

    Does anyone have any suggestions or workarounds?

    --
    Ted

    ----------------
    click "I Agree" in the message pane.

    http://www.microsoft.com/office/comm...heet.functions

  2. #2
    Biff
    Guest

    Re: Allow relative referencing for imbedded sheetnames in formulas

    Hi!

    What are the sheet names? Do they have a sequential pattern like the default
    sheet names: Sheet1, Sheet2, Sheet3 etc.?

    Biff

    news:[email protected]...