Same formula referencing same cells returns incorrect results, randomly, when pasted into new worksheet

  1. #1
    michelleelaine@hotmail.com
    Guest

    Same formula referencing same cells returns incorrect results, randomly, when pasted into new worksheet

    Please help! I am working with a large chemical dataset with multiple
    if/and/isnumber/isblank commands. It works perfectly for one worksheet
    but when I try to copy those calculations into another worksheet some
    calculations will return blanks when they shouldn't. The strange thing
    is that random cells will do this (i.e. HK3 will work correctly and
    then HK4 will not). And even odder is the fact that each worksheet has
    different cells that don't work properly. I have tried different paste
    options, protecting the formulas, using the correctly working
    spreadsheet as a template and plugging in new data, etc. and have not
    found a solution. If you have any ideas please respond.
    Thank you,
    Elaine

  2. #2
    Guest

    Re: Same formula referencing same cells returns incorrect results, randomly, when pasted into new worksheet

    Hi

    I think it would help if you posted the formulas you are having problems
    with. It may be the type of data in the cells, leading/trailing blanks etc.

    Andy.