Summary Counts Functions to filter multiple conditions

  1. #1
    Kamlesh
    Guest

    Summary Counts Functions to filter multiple conditions

    Hello,

    I have an XLS with following columns.

    Defect# | Team_Name | Defect_Description | Date_Assigned | Status | Remarks

    Based on the above data, I am creating the following summary sheet.

    Status
    OPEN NN
    CLOSED NN
    IN-PROGRESS NN

    With above summary, I would be able to only Status-wise report.

    I am getting the NN value using COUNT() function. I want to extend my
    summary sheet to include the Team_Name also. The new summary should look
    like below:

    Status TOTAL Team1 Team2 Team3
    OPEN NN NN1 NN2 NN3
    CLOSED NN NN1 NN2 NN3
    IN-PROGRESS NN NN1 NN2 NN3

    With above summary, I would be able to see Team-wise and Status-wise report.

    Any suggestions for to achieve the summary both team-wise + status-wise?

    Regards,
    Kamlesh

  2. #2
    Kamlesh
    Guest

    RE: Summary Counts Functions to filter multiple conditions

    1 small correction in my post. I am using COUNTIF function and not the COUNT
    function.

  3. #3
    Bob Phillips
    Guest

    Re: Summary Counts Functions to filter multiple conditions

    Try this

    =SUMPRODUCT((A2:A4="CLOSED")*(C1:E1="Team1")*C2:E4)

    Bob Phillips

    news:[email protected]...