pivot tables using two mdb data sources

  1. #1
    jack
    Guest

    pivot tables using two mdb data sources

    I want to display pivot tables using some information from one mdb dabase,
    and some info from another mdb database; but they are linked by a common
    factor (number) and if you look at the information in access, you canb see
    how they tie into one another. it is a one to many relationship in the access
    database.

    is there any way i can use as decribed above?

    thanks

    Jack

  2. #2
    Gary L Brown
    Guest

    RE: pivot tables using two mdb data sources

    You've obviously created a query in one of the Access databases that shows
    you the detail information that you want to use in the Excel Pivot Table.

    You can create an Excel Pivot Table using the 'External Source' option and
    point the source at the query in the Access databases that shows you the
    detail information that you want to use in the Excel Pivot Table.

    or

    Create a crosstab query in Access using the query in the Access database. A
    crosstab in Access is the same as a Pivot Table in Excel. Then, if desired,
    you can create a straight query of the crosstab query into Excel.

    HTH,
    --
    Gary Brown
    gary_brown@ge_NOSPAM.com