x and y axis, enter x value, enter y value, value at intersect....

  1. #1
    JcR
    Guest

    x and y axis, enter x value, enter y value, value at intersect....

    I have a matrix with x axis and y axis

    X axis has column headers of A, B, C
    Y axis has row headers of D,E,F

    If I enter A in cell a1 (B), and E in cell a2 (G), i want the intersect
    value (8) to appear in cell a3

    A B C
    E 1 2 3
    F 4 5 6
    G 7 8 8

    Thanks

  2. #2
    Ardus Petus
    Guest

    Re: x and y axis, enter x value, enter y value, value at intersect....

    Assuming Column headers are in B7:D7,
    Row headers in A8:10,
    Data in B8:D10,
    the formula is:
    =INDEX(B8:D10;MATCH(A2,A8:A10);MATCH(A3,B7:D7))

    AP

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    JcR
    Guest

    Re: x and y axis, enter x value, enter y value, value at intersect

    thanks