Moving cells

  1. #1
    Confused
    Guest

    Moving cells

    Hey

    Im working on something for work, and my boss needs me to setup an excel
    sheet to do something I am lost as to how to do. The problem is that we use
    an excel sheet to log all of our out going parts. He wants it so that once it
    hits a certain point, it relocates to another cell. For example: After data
    is entered into cell E5, he wants the cursor to auto move to A6. If anyone
    can provide help it is greatly appreciated.

    Mahalo

  2. #2
    Duke Carey
    Guest

    RE: Moving cells

    We could use a better explanation of what you need to do.

    Guessing - when you enter some data you enter it across the row in columns A
    through E, and now you want to move down a row and return to column A, to be
    ready for entry into the next row?

    Depending on the Excel version you have (I'm using XP/2002, but it may work
    in 2000 or even 97): unprotect the cells you enter data in
    (Format->Cells->Protection and uncheck 'Locked ' and click on OK).

    Now protect the sheet (Tools->Protection->Protect Sheet). In my version you
    UNCHECK the option for Selecting locked cells. Supply a password or not, as
    you wish.

    Now go to Tools->Options->Edit and check the option for Move selection after
    enter, and choose RIGHT in the little dropdown. Click on OK

    That should do it.

  3. #3
    Confused
    Guest

    RE: Moving cells

    Okay I just tried that, and it works perfectly. Thanks for the fast response.
    I never would of thought to do it that way. Thinking to complex.

    Mahalo