List cumulative values in a column

  1. #1
    danie
    Guest

    List cumulative values in a column

    I have in two columns the following:
    Col AC Col AD
    week1 5
    week2 9
    week3 7

    These weeks start with zero data in it originally. Then I input my total
    for week1 in column AD6 and want that total number to show up in column B1.
    Then, the next week, I enter 9 in week2, and want that number to show up in
    column B1.,etc.

    How do I get excel to I guess look at the range of AD6 through AD19 and as I
    enter in my week total, it's captured/displayed in column B1.
    I tried the MAX function which works, but when my week3 data is less than
    week2 it will not show my week3 value in column B1.

    Any help would be greatly appreciated.

  2. #2
    Biff
    Guest

    Re: List cumulative values in a column

    Hi!

    Try one of these formulas in cell B1:

    =IF(COUNT(AD6:AD19),LOOKUP(9.99999999999999E+307,AD6:AD19),"")

    =IF(COUNT(AD6:AD19),LOOKUP(MAX(AD6:AD19)+1,AD6:AD19),"")

    Biff

    news:[email protected]...