Highlight a row automatically if a cell meets certain criteria

  1. #1
    simonvrowley
    Guest

    Highlight a row automatically if a cell meets certain criteria

    I would like to know how to automatically highlight a row if one of the cells
    in the row meets certain criteria. I have managed to highlight the cell with
    conditional formatting but would like to be able to highlight the entire row.

  2. #2
    Ardus Petus
    Guest

    Re: Highlight a row automatically if a cell meets certain criteria

    Apply conditional Formatting to all cells of the row, with a formula like
    =C10="testvalue"

    AP

    message de news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Stefi
    Guest

    RE: Highlight a row automatically if a cell meets certain criteria

    Hi Simon,

    Select the rows you want conditional formatting to apply to, then in
    conditional formatting enter this formula (suppose the condition is: cell
    value in column A = "condvalue"):

    =INDIRECT("A"&ROW())="condvalue"

    and choose a format!

    Replace ="condvalue" to your real condition, or post it to compose the
    formula!

    Regards,
    Stefi

    „simonvrowley†ezt Ã*rta:

  4. #4
    Ardus Petus
    Guest

    Re: Highlight a row automatically if a cell meets certain criteria

    Sorry: my solution did not answer the question!

  5. #5
    Edmund
    Guest

    RE: Highlight a row automatically if a cell meets certain criteria

    Hi,

    When u apply Conditional Formatting to a single cell, this means only that
    single cell will be formatted when criteria returns the answer as TRUE.

    Try applying your Conditional Formatting to all the other cells in the range
    as well. Don't forget to lock the reference cell by preceeding the cell
    address (ie. column or row) with the $ sign (example $A1 will ensure all the
    cells in the same row will refer to column A).

    Sample:
    1 .Open a new blank sheet & select range A1:D10
    2. Conditional Formatting : Formula is =$A1="OK"
    3. Then type "OK" in any cell betwen A1:A10
    You should be able to see the effect of your conditional formatting whenever
    Ok is entered into any cell in A1:A10

    Hope this helps.

    --
    Edmund
    (Using Excel XP)

  6. #6

    Re: Highlight a row automatically if a cell meets certain criteria

    Apply the conditional formatting to all the cells in the row