if then else

  1. #1
    Sandy
    Guest

    if then else

    I have 14 columns and say 20 rows of data where the data could be 7 different
    text values at any given time, I need to total the values some where for
    those 7 different text values. The values I need to total are in the columns
    next to the original 14 I spoke of.

    ex: a b f g
    s 3 w 2
    s 4 s 3
    n 5 w 4

    Totals for s=10
    w=2
    n=5

    if any cell in columns a or f = s then add the value from the cell to the
    right to a running total some where

  2. #2
    Forum Contributor
    =SUMIF($A$1:$M$20,"s",$B$1:$N$20)