Function Help

  1. #1
    Erika
    Guest

    Function Help

    I have several worksheets with different company info on each sheet - I also
    have one master worksheet that lists all the information for all the sheets.
    Is there a formula\function that I can set up that when I enter a company
    name and fill in all the required information - it will automatically copy
    that same entry to the appropriate worksheet.

    Example

    Master Workbook - I have several entries for Company A. if I add another
    entry for company A or modify and existing entry - I want to see that
    reflected on the Worksheet tab entitled Company A.

    Any ideas?

  2. #2
    Bernie Deitrick
    Guest

    Re: Function Help

    Erika,

    Don't use sheets for the individual companies. Use one sheet, one database, and use autofilters to
    show the information for the company of interest. Having the same information entered in multiple
    places is a recipe for disaster - or, at least, occasional confusion.

    HTH,
    Bernie
    MS Excel MVP

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    CLR
    Guest

    RE: Function Help

    Personally speaking, this sounds lika another one of those situations where I
    would forget about the separate worksheets for each company and maintain all
    my data in the master database. I can generate separate reports for each
    company on demand with the AutoFilter, and if necessary, copy it to another
    sheet to manipulate, and/or format for printing.......I would strongly
    question what benefit having the separate sheets provide you and only proceed
    in that direction if absolutely necessary.

    hth
    Vaya con Dios,
    Chuck, CABGx3