Can array formulas work if rows are inserted?

  1. #1
    Chris
    Guest

    Can array formulas work if rows are inserted?

    I have a worksheet containing 2 array formulas. If I insert rows within the
    cell reference range the formulas appear to automatically update to reflect
    the new rows BUT the formula no longer returns a result just #NA.
    Is there a way to prevent this and allow row insertions?

  2. #2
    Ron Coderre
    Guest

    RE: Can array formulas work if rows are inserted?

    Most likely, inserting rows will not impact the array formula's ability to
    function.
    Without your formula, though, it's difficult to say. However, is it
    possible that your formula returns #NA! if there are blank cells in the
    referenced range(s)?

    Test by clearing the cells in one of the referenced rows (not deleting it).
    Then Edit|Undo to put the values back.

    Does that help?

    Regards,
    Ron