Prevent User to unlock Sheet Tabs

  1. #1
    Param
    Guest

    Prevent User to unlock Sheet Tabs

    Hi,

    I have create data using several worksheets. Each one link with password
    (macro). I uncheck sheet tabs (thur option command). User have to enter
    password to preview or access to the worksheet. But user still can access to
    worksheet after they check sheet tabs using option command (they can see all
    sheet tabs at bottom. any idea how to solve this problem?
    Tq

  2. #2
    Héctor Miguel
    Guest

    Re: Prevent User to unlock Sheet Tabs

    hi, Param !

    > I have create data using several worksheets. Each one link with password (macro).
    > I uncheck sheet tabs (thur option command).
    > User have to enter password to preview or access to the worksheet.
    > But user still can access to worksheet after they check sheet tabs using option command
    > (they can see all sheet tabs at bottom. any idea how to solve this problem?

    [just guessing]... if you are already using macros... how about... ?

    op1: keep your worksheets xlSheetVeryHidden and show them once password-approved
    op2: disable the options commandbarbutton while your workbook is 'active'
    op3: use the workbook_sheet... level events
    [maybe others like OnTime procedures -> see Chip Pearson's page for an example]...

    you can re/handle the sheets tabs option in your code
    [and you will need somewhen and somehow to hide again the authorized worksheet]

    [just guessing]... hth,
    hector.

  3. #3
    Param