I need current value of one worksheet into another cell?

  1. #1
    Ryan
    Guest

    I need current value of one worksheet into another cell?

    I am trying to put the value of one worksheet into another cell in another
    worksheet.

  2. #2
    Paul B
    Guest

    Re: I need current value of one worksheet into another cell?

    Ryan, will something like this work? =Sheet2!A1

    --
    Paul B
    Using Excel 2002 & 2003

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Max
    Guest

    Re: I need current value of one worksheet into another cell?

    > .. will something like this work? =Sheet2!A1

    Adding on a little to Paul's suggestion ..
    if you need the cell to appear "blank" if Sheet2!A1 is empty
    try this variant: =IF(Sheet2!A1="","",Sheet2!A1)
    --
    Max
    Singapore

  4. #4
    JMB
    Guest

    RE: I need current value of one worksheet into another cell?

    Type = then use your mouse to click on the cell in your other worksheet. Hit
    Enter.

  5. #5
    Ryan
    Guest

    Re: I need current value of one worksheet into another cell?

    I tried that but for some reason it only works for that one time. Once that
    value changes on the other sheet it doesn't change in the current sheet. Got
    any ideas?

  6. #6
    Ryan
    Guest

    RE: I need current value of one worksheet into another cell?

    Hey man i appreciate it I never thought it would have been that easy.

  7. #7
    Max
    Guest

    Re: I need current value of one worksheet into another cell?

    "Ryan" wrote
    > I tried that but for some reason it only works
    > for that one time. Once that value changes
    > on the other sheet it doesn't change in the current sheet.

    The above behaviour points strongly
    to the calc mode set to "Manual"
    (probably inadvertently, and w/o you being aware of it)

    To check / change calc mode:
    Click Tools > Options > Calculation tab
    Ensure "Automatic" is checked > OK

  8. #8
    JMB
    Guest

    RE: I need current value of one worksheet into another cell?

    You're welcome. Thanks for the feedback.