Excel - need an serial # to update everytime sheet is printed.

  1. #1
    C.
    Guest

    Excel - need an serial # to update everytime sheet is printed.

    In an Excel 2003 template, is there any way to have a cell show an ID or
    serial number that increases by one everytime the sheet is printed.

    For example: I needed 100 copies of a single Excel form with different ID
    numbers on each. If I ask to print 100 copies of the form, is there some way
    to have it increment the count? (I'm open to other suggestions on how to
    handle this.)
    Thanks,
    Cathie

  2. #2
    Peo Sjoblom
    Guest

    Re: Excel - need an serial # to update everytime sheet is printed.

    This will print 100 copies and increment what's in B1 with 1 each time

    Option Explicit

    Sub PrintIncrement()
    Dim i As Integer
    For i = 1 To 100
    Worksheets("Sheet1").Range("B1").Value =
    Worksheets("Sheet1").Range("B1").Value + 1
    Worksheets("Sheet1").PrintOut
    Next i
    End Sub

    change name of sheet and cell accordingly, you might want to change the 1 To
    100 to something smaller to test print to see if it's what you want

    Peo Sjoblom

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    C.
    Guest

    Re: Excel - need an serial # to update everytime sheet is printed.

    Thanks Peo, for the speedy and helpful response. That did the trick!
    Cathie