how do I round hours worked to the next half hour with a 24hr shif

  1. #1
    gycoso3
    Guest

    how do I round hours worked to the next half hour with a 24hr shif

    I was wondering how to round to make it easier and more bentificial to the
    employees that once you continue into the next 1/2 hour that it would round
    the hour up IE example if I work 10.12 hours it will round it up to 11
    hours. Here is the formula that I am using to figure the hours worked with
    entering the actual military time the person is going to work
    =(E15-C15+(E15<C15))*24 this is in Colum E3 figuring hours worked out of A3
    and C3 if you can help with this it would be greatly appreciated

  2. #2
    Peo Sjoblom
    Guest

    Re: how do I round hours worked to the next half hour with a 24hr shif

    Assuming you are using decimal hours

    =CEILING(10.12,0.5)

    will round up to the nearest 0.5 hours but what you seem to want is

    =CEILING(10.12,1)

    since you want 10.12 to round to 11, that is not half hour but nearest hour

    Peo Sjoblom

    http://nwexcelsolutions.com

    news:[email protected]...