Combining IF AND & FIND Functions

  1. #1
    Steve
    Guest

    Combining IF AND & FIND Functions

    Hi all

    I've been trying to solve this one for a week and am just getting nowhere,
    any help would be greatly appreciated.

    I have a list of shops in column A and a list of total sales figures in
    column B, Some of the shops in Column A are chains and so have multiple
    entries (think WH Smiths, Borders etc...). I'm trying to write a formula that
    will check to see if the Characters WHS are in column A and see if the figure
    in Column B is greater than 15000, and if so enter "Sales OK" otherwise enter
    "NON Chain". The best I could come up with is
    =if(and(find("WHS*",a2)b2>15000,"Sales OK","NON Chain")) but it doesn't work.
    Help!!!!!

  2. #2
    Guest

    Re: Combining IF AND & FIND Functions

    Hi

    Try this:
    =IF(AND(ISNUMBER(FIND("WHS",A2)),B2>15000),"Sales OK","NON Chain")
    Please note that FIND is case-sensitive, so WHS must be in capitals.

    Andy.

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Steve
    Guest

    Re: Combining IF AND & FIND Functions

    Thanks Andy, ISNUMBER hadn't entered my thoughts - that works

    Steve

  4. #4
    Guest

    Re: Combining IF AND & FIND Functions