+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 7 of 7

How do I make all columns in a range in a worksheet the same width

  1. #1
    Robin
    Guest

    How do I make all columns in a range in a worksheet the same width

    In a spreadsheet with 20 columns of different widths I want to be able to
    make all the columns the same width without doing so by manually adjusting
    each one. Can anyone tell me how?

  2. #2
    Guest

    Re: How do I make all columns in a range in a worksheet the same width

    Hi

    Click on the square to the left of column A - which will select all columns
    and rows - and adjust one column to the width you want. The rest will
    follow!

    Andy.

    "Robin" <Robin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    news:23E94C8A-0480-4A77-85B6-00189EB89D24@microsoft.com...
    > In a spreadsheet with 20 columns of different widths I want to be able to
    > make all the columns the same width without doing so by manually adjusting
    > each one. Can anyone tell me how?




  3. #3
    Ron Coderre
    Guest

    RE: How do I make all columns in a range in a worksheet the same width

    Try something like this:

    Left-Click and hold on the first column label (gray area at the top of the
    column)
    Drag across to the right to select all 20 columns
    Release the mouse
    Left-Click and hold on any separator between columns
    Drage right or left to adjust column width.
    When you release....all 20 columns will have the same width

    Note: you can apply the same technique to non-contiguous columns by holding
    down the [Ctrl] key while you select each column. Then adjust the width of
    one to set all selected.

    Does that help?

    ***********
    Regards,
    Ron

    XL2002, WinXP-Pro


    "Robin" wrote:

    > In a spreadsheet with 20 columns of different widths I want to be able to
    > make all the columns the same width without doing so by manually adjusting
    > each one. Can anyone tell me how?


  4. #4
    Beege
    Guest

    Re: How do I make all columns in a range in a worksheet the same width

    Robin,

    Select All columns that need adjustment
    (this works if adjacent)
    Right click in the column indicators, select "column width", adust number to
    suit

    Beege


    "Robin" <Robin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    news:23E94C8A-0480-4A77-85B6-00189EB89D24@microsoft.com...
    > In a spreadsheet with 20 columns of different widths I want to be able to
    > make all the columns the same width without doing so by manually adjusting
    > each one. Can anyone tell me how?




  5. #5
    Robin
    Guest

    RE: How do I make all columns in a range in a worksheet the same w

    Wonderful, thank you very much!!

    "Ron Coderre" wrote:

    > Try something like this:
    >
    > Left-Click and hold on the first column label (gray area at the top of the
    > column)
    > Drag across to the right to select all 20 columns
    > Release the mouse
    > Left-Click and hold on any separator between columns
    > Drage right or left to adjust column width.
    > When you release....all 20 columns will have the same width
    >
    > Note: you can apply the same technique to non-contiguous columns by holding
    > down the [Ctrl] key while you select each column. Then adjust the width of
    > one to set all selected.
    >
    > Does that help?
    >
    > ***********
    > Regards,
    > Ron
    >
    > XL2002, WinXP-Pro
    >
    >
    > "Robin" wrote:
    >
    > > In a spreadsheet with 20 columns of different widths I want to be able to
    > > make all the columns the same width without doing so by manually adjusting
    > > each one. Can anyone tell me how?


  6. #6
    Robin
    Guest

    Re: How do I make all columns in a range in a worksheet the same w

    Thank you so much!!

    "Andy" wrote:

    > Hi
    >
    > Click on the square to the left of column A - which will select all columns
    > and rows - and adjust one column to the width you want. The rest will
    > follow!
    >
    > Andy.
    >
    > "Robin" <Robin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > news:23E94C8A-0480-4A77-85B6-00189EB89D24@microsoft.com...
    > > In a spreadsheet with 20 columns of different widths I want to be able to
    > > make all the columns the same width without doing so by manually adjusting
    > > each one. Can anyone tell me how?

    >
    >
    >


  7. #7
    Robin
    Guest

    Re: How do I make all columns in a range in a worksheet the same w

    Thank you!

    "Beege" wrote:

    > Robin,
    >
    > Select All columns that need adjustment
    > (this works if adjacent)
    > Right click in the column indicators, select "column width", adust number to
    > suit
    >
    > Beege
    >
    >
    > "Robin" <Robin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > news:23E94C8A-0480-4A77-85B6-00189EB89D24@microsoft.com...
    > > In a spreadsheet with 20 columns of different widths I want to be able to
    > > make all the columns the same width without doing so by manually adjusting
    > > each one. Can anyone tell me how?

    >
    >
    >


+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 RC 1