How do I make all columns in a range in a worksheet the same width

  1. #1
    Robin
    Guest

    How do I make all columns in a range in a worksheet the same width

    In a spreadsheet with 20 columns of different widths I want to be able to
    make all the columns the same width without doing so by manually adjusting
    each one. Can anyone tell me how?

  2. #2
    Guest

    Re: How do I make all columns in a range in a worksheet the same width

    Hi

    Click on the square to the left of column A - which will select all columns
    and rows - and adjust one column to the width you want. The rest will
    follow!

    Andy.

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Ron Coderre
    Guest

    RE: How do I make all columns in a range in a worksheet the same width

    Try something like this:

    Left-Click and hold on the first column label (gray area at the top of the
    column)
    Drag across to the right to select all 20 columns
    Release the mouse
    Left-Click and hold on any separator between columns
    Drage right or left to adjust column width.
    When you release....all 20 columns will have the same width

    Note: you can apply the same technique to non-contiguous columns by holding
    down the [Ctrl] key while you select each column. Then adjust the width of
    one to set all selected.

    Does that help?

    ***********
    Regards,
    Ron

    XL2002, WinXP-Pro

  4. #4
    Beege
    Guest

    Re: How do I make all columns in a range in a worksheet the same width

    Robin,

    Select All columns that need adjustment
    (this works if adjacent)
    Right click in the column indicators, select "column width", adust number to
    suit

    Beege

  5. #5
    Robin
    Guest

    Re: How do I make all columns in a range in a worksheet the same w

    Thank you so much!!

  6. #6
    Robin
    Guest

    Re: How do I make all columns in a range in a worksheet the same w

    Thank you!

  7. #7
    Robin
    Guest

    RE: How do I make all columns in a range in a worksheet the same w

    Wonderful, thank you very much!!