count only visible cells

  1. #1
    bnkone
    Guest

    count only visible cells

    I am using an autofilter on a set of data. I would like to use a countif
    field to summarize the visible cells only. So, every time I change the
    autofilter I would change the criteria counted.

    Any ideas out there?

  2. #2
    Peo Sjoblom
    Guest

    Re: count only visible cells

    Look at the subtotal function in help, it works on visible cells only

    =SUBTOTAL(9,A2:A1000)

    will sum A2:A1000 and when filtered it will sum only the visible cells in
    A2:A1000

    =SUBTOTAL(3,A2:A1000)

    will count non empty visible cells

    Peo Sjoblom