How to Calculate ANTILOG in EXCEL SHEET?

  1. #1
    Parag
    Guest

    How to Calculate ANTILOG in EXCEL SHEET?

    Can you please guide me about calculation of Antilog in the excel sheet.

    Regards

  2. #2
    Guest

    Re: How to Calculate ANTILOG in EXCEL SHEET?

    Hi

    Have you searched Google Groups for this? Here's one thread:
    http://groups.google.com/group/micro...21c617bb046d35

    Andy.

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Jerry W. Lewis
    Guest

    RE: How to Calculate ANTILOG in EXCEL SHEET?

    Log base what? All of the following are antilogs that return x

    =EXP(LN(x))
    =10^LOG10(x)
    =b^LOG(x,b)

    Jerry

  4. #4
    Bernard Liengme
    Guest

    Re: How to Calculate ANTILOG in EXCEL SHEET?

    Definition of LOG: if x = 10^y, then y is said to be the log(base 10) of x
    It is the number that 10 must be raised to to generate x
    So if you know the log of a number (you know y), then you can find x using x
    = 10^y
    In Excel =10^A1

    If you want natural logs replace 10 by e (exp(1))
    Natural antilog =EXP(A1)
    best wishes
    --
    Bernard V Liengme
    www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme

  5. #5
    Melbourne, Australia
    MS-Off Ver

    Re: How to Calculate ANTILOG in EXCEL SHEET?

    In MS Excel 2010, click an empty cell and select Autosum from the menu bar in the Home tab. Then select - more functions - math - Power - OK. In the dialog box that pops up, insert the base as the Number field (e.g. 10 for base 10), then insert the number (that you want the anti-log for) in the Power field and click OK. You can insert a cell location as the Power field (e.g. A1).