copy/Paste references other worksheet

  1. #1
    Ivano
    Guest

    copy/Paste references other worksheet

    Hi,
    I have a bunch of forumla's in a worksheet and when I copy either the tab or
    select the entire worksheet and paste it into a new workbook it always
    references the originals worksheet. How can I copy and past formula's from
    one worksheet into another workbook exactly the way it is. Esentially an
    exact clone.

    Thanks

  2. #2
    Ivano
    Guest

    RE: copy/Paste references other worksheet

    Hmmm, I found from other posts that it seems the Find/Replace is the only way
    to do it. I can't believe that there isn't a way in Excel to tell it to copy
    and paste exactly. Mabey holding down a certain key on the keyboard, mabey
    standing on your head while pasting??

  3. #3
    Max
    Guest

    Re: copy/Paste references other worksheet

    One way is to copy the formula from within the formula bar of the source
    sheet and then paste it within the formula bar of the other sheet. It's
    manual but if you have only a couple of top row formulas to "clone
    (afterwhich the top row can be filled down), then this would suffice.
    --
    Max
    Singapore
    news:[email protected]...

  4. #4
    Ivano
    Guest

    Re: copy/Paste references other worksheet

    Thanks Max. I actually have a lot of formulas so I guess the Find/Replace is
    the way to do it. But I also have drop down boxes and they too reference the
    other worksheet. If I right click my drop down and select Format Control in
    the Input Range field it references the other workbook. The Find/Replace
    doesn't Find/Replace it there! How do I do that? I have a lot of these drop
    down's.

    Thanks

  5. #5
    Max
    Guest

    Re: copy/Paste references other worksheet

    Just some thoughts, Ivano.

    To start off the "cloning",
    how about simply saving the current file as another filename
    then start the "dressing up" from there

    I've followed this route before. Not perfect, but at least it cuts down
    re-building similar files from scratch whenever required.