change cell value greater than another cell value using formulas

  1. #1
    Unsure?
    Guest

    change cell value greater than another cell value using formulas

    A+B=C
    Say that A and B must equal 10. For A, you input calculations using other
    formulas and get that A=6, so automatically B must equal 4. However, say that
    as a constraint, B has to equal 7 or greater. How do you make that cell
    change the value in order to impose this new constraint either using formulas
    or another method but not changing the values manually?

    (If B is 5 for example, we order 7. But if B is 8 we leave it at 8.)

    Thanks

  2. #2
    Sandy Mann
    Guest

    Re: change cell value greater than another cell value using formulas

    In B enter the formula:

    =MIN(7,formula to calculate B)

    Sandy
    [email protected]
    [email protected] with @tiscali.co.uk

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Bill Kuunders
    Guest

    Re: change cell value greater than another cell value using formulas

    In cell B1 enter =IF(AND(A1>3,A1<10),7,IF(A1>=10,0,10-A1))
    The variable is in A1 not in B1
    B1 is the result of the calculation.
    If A1 is greater then or equal to 10 I assume you do not want to add any.

    you could store the values 7 and 10 in seperate cells sp that if there is
    any change to the condition
    you only need to change those cells
    E1=7 (min order quant)
    F1=10 (req stock)
    formula is now
    =IF(AND(A1>F1-E1,A1<F1),E1,IF(A1>=F1,0,F1-A1))

    --
    Greetings from New Zealand
    Bill K