Subtracting From 2 Cells

  1. #1

    Subtracting From 2 Cells

    I need to have a running difference between amounts from 2 different cells. For instance, in cell A1 I have 10,000 and in A2 I have 5,000. However, in cells B1, B2, etc. I have varying amounts. I need a cell, such as A3 to keep a running subtraction from A1 until it reaches zero (0) and then to switch over to A2 and subtract from the 5,000. Can this be done?

  2. #2
    Duke Carey
    Guest

    RE: Subtracting From 2 Cells

    Let's say you're subtracting the values in cells B1:B100. Use this formula
    in A3

    =A1-sum(B1:b100)+A2*(sum(B1:b100)>A1)

  3. #3
    Cool! That worked! Thanks.