Suggestion

  1. #1
    IGFET909
    Guest

    Suggestion

    How about the creation of a new worksheet, and the title of its tab, all in
    one smooth step, instead of in two steps? This would make worksheet creation
    a lot simpler without the necessity of renaming the tab as you would want it
    to be in the first instance.

    Thanks!
    ------------
    D.R.Steele

  2. #2
    Gord Dibben
    Guest

    Re: Suggestion

    Which psychic function of Excel would you suggest name/title the tab when new
    sheet is created?

    Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

  3. #3

    Re: Suggestion

    Just a guess, but I bet that the OP wanted a small form that would open the
    Rename dialog and add it at the same time.

    Kind of like this as a macro:

    Option Explicit
    Sub testme()

    Dim myNewName As String
    Dim wks As Worksheet

    myNewName = InputBox(Prompt:="What's the new name")
    If myNewName = "" Then
    Exit Sub
    End If

    Set wks = Worksheets.Add
    On Error Resume Next
    wks.Name = myNewName
    If Err.Number <> 0 Then
    MsgBox "Invalid Name! Do it yourself."
    Err.Clear
    End If
    On Error GoTo 0

    End Sub

    If the OP is new to macros, then the OP can read David McRitchie's intro at:

  4. #4
    IGFET909
    Guest

    Re: Suggestion

    Thank you Gentlemen:

    This request is sort of futuristic (which does not mean that MS is not
    working on it). What I'm suggesting is merely what would be, for at least
    this user, the next logical step when it comes to creation of a new worksheet.

    As it currently stands there are two steps: (1) You create the worksheet.
    (2) You rename the tab.

    What I'm proposing is a one-step operation (and I'm not suggesting that it's
    possible to do at this point with respect to Office Word 2003). The idea is,
    in one step: (1) When you copy/create a new worksheet, you are, at that same
    instance, able to name that worksheet whatever you want it to be.

    In other words, combine two steps into one. That would save time and
    effort. It seems like a reasonable expectation. It does not require any
    "psychic" energy. It requires a more streamlined approach to
    creating/copying a worksheet.

    Thanks.
    --
    D.R.Steele

  5. #5
    Biff
    Guest

    Re: Suggestion

    Seems logical. So, don't hold your breath!

    Biff

    news:[email protected]...

  6. #6
    Gord Dibben
    Guest

    Re: Suggestion

    Have a look at Dave P's macro which allows you to type the name into an inputbox
    and create the sheet based on that.

    Still requires manual intervention and more than one step to execute.

    1. Click on a button or invoke the macro from a shortcut key combo.

    2. Input the name.

    3. Click OK or hit <ENTER> key on the dialog box.

    Gord