Help with formating cells (decimal places)

  1. #1

    Question Help with formating cells (decimal places)

    Hi there, Im currently doing my AS coursework an am needing to do my calculations to a degree of accuracy (12 d.p.). My question is:
    How do i make it so that if the number doesnt end in a bunch of 0's at the end? For example 3.1415926 would be displayed as 3.141592600000. Any help would be much appriciated. Thanks, Nick

  2. #2
    Duke Carey
    Guest

    RE: Help with formating cells (decimal places)

    So, what you want is for the value to display UP TO 12 d.p.s, if required?

    You can try using a custom format of

    Which will always display 1 decimal point & up to 12, if the value goes that
    far out