Rounding up/down problems ?

  1. #1
    Big Bad Nige
    Guest

    Rounding up/down problems ?

    Just set up a basic data sheet where I show a product cost, then beneath that
    it calculates what 25% of that cost is, then beneath that its supposed to
    calculate product cost less the calculated 25% rate. However, its rounding
    the 25% discount figure up but rounds the product cost less discount figure
    down. So its a penny out. Any suggestions, coz Im having to manually adjust
    each time !!!

    Thanks in advance.

  2. #2
    Richard Buttrey
    Guest

    Re: Rounding up/down problems ?

    On Tue, 4 Apr 2006 07:34:02 -0700, Big Bad Nige <Big Bad
    [email protected]> wrote:

    >Just set up a basic data sheet where I show a product cost, then beneath that
    >it calculates what 25% of that cost is, then beneath that its supposed to
    >calculate product cost less the calculated 25% rate. However, its rounding
    >the 25% discount figure up but rounds the product cost less discount figure
    >down. So its a penny out. Any suggestions, coz Im having to manually adjust
    >each time !!!
    >
    >Thanks in advance.

    When you say rounding do you really mean the numbers are rounded with
    =ROUND(), or that's the way it's formatted to display

    It sounds like you have the cells formatted to show no decimal places,
    (or at least one dec. pl. less than the product cost).
    Try rounding the 25% calculation.

    HTH

    __
    Richard Buttrey
    Grappenhall, Cheshire, UK

  3. #3
    Big Bad Nige
    Guest

    Re: Rounding up/down problems ?

    I've solved it now, I read somewhere else in this forum:
    Tools/Options/Calculations then click on "Precision As Displayed".

    Thanks all the same Richard, and thanks to however wrote that thread answer.