What has happened to "Save As" in Excel 2003

  1. #1
    Neil
    Guest

    What has happened to "Save As" in Excel 2003

    I have upgraded to Excel 2003 and have lost the File menue option that allows
    a file "Save As". Can someone help

  2. #2
    John Michl
    Guest

    Re: What has happened to "Save As" in Excel 2003

    It should still be there but if you haven't used it yet it might be
    hidden. Click on File then let your mouse hover over the menu for a
    bit. After a few seconds all hidden (and previously unused) menu
    options should appear. Pick the Save As and it should show up in the
    future.

    - John

  3. #3
    Neil
    Guest

    Re: What has happened to "Save As" in Excel 2003

    Tried this but all that opened where "Save as a web page" (which offerred htm
    format) and "Save as a workspace" (Which offerred *.xlw format) - No "Save
    As" that would allow just a name change and retain the *.xls format.

  4. #4
    Conan Kelly
    Guest

    Re: What has happened to "Save As" in Excel 2003

    I'm not sure as to why your Save As... command is not showing up, but the keyboard shortcut for Save As... should be the [F12] key
    all by itself. That should be a work-around for you.

    Hope this helps.

    Conan

  5. #5
    Neil
    Guest

    Re: What has happened to "Save As" in Excel 2003

    Many thanks - this works. MS has suggested a reinstall of excel

  6. #6

    Re: What has happened to "Save As" in Excel 2003

    Before you try reinstalling excel, you could try resetting the toolbar.

    Tools|Customize|toolbars tab
    select worksheet menu bar
    click reset

    (Reinstalling excel probably won't help fix a toolbar problem. Reinstalling is
    "smart" enough to not touch user's files--including the toolbar (*.xlb) file.)

  7. #7
    Peo Sjoblom
    Guest

    Re: What has happened to "Save As" in Excel 2003

    Is that for real, did you call MS support and they actually told you to
    reinstall Excel?

    Peo Sjoblom

    http://nwexcelsolutions.com

  8. #8
    Harlan Grove
    Guest

    Re: What has happened to "Save As" in Excel 2003

    Peo Sjoblom wrote...
    >Is that for real, did you call MS support and they actually told you to
    >reinstall Excel?

    Guess we know where Dogbert's working these days.

  9. #9
    Neil
    Guest

    Re: What has happened to "Save As" in Excel 2003

    THANK YOU!!! This fixed the problem immediately

  10. #10
    Biff
    Guest

    Re: What has happened to "Save As" in Excel 2003

    >Is that for real, did you call MS support and they actually told you to
    >reinstall Excel?

    How much did they charge you for that fine example of tech support?

    Biff

    news:[email protected]...