Sorting or if statements reliant on formatting

  1. #1
    Andy
    Guest

    Sorting or if statements reliant on formatting

    Hi there.

    If I have rows formatted differently with fills/fonts etc, is there anyway
    to sort the rows by the formatting? Alternatively to provide an if statement
    that will provide a flag dependent on the formatting...

    Just have a workbook circa 50K rows that someone has manually formatted and
    I need to organise by the formatting!!!
    Thanks

  2. #2
    Duke Carey
    Guest

    RE: Sorting or if statements reliant on formatting

    See these two sites

    http://www.xldynamic.com/source/xld.ColourCounter.html

    http://www.cpearson.com/excel/SortByColor.htm

  3. #3
    Jim Cone
    Guest

    Re: Sorting or if statements reliant on formatting

    Information on a commercial alternative from yours truly ...
    http://www.officeletter.com/blink/specialsort.html
    --
    Jim Cone
    San Francisco, USA