Quarter End Date

  1. #1

    Quarter End Date

    What is a formula that can be used to find the nearest quarter end,
    when the fiscal year has a non-standard start date (ie. November fiscal
    year, current date is 2/28/2005, quarter end should be 4/30/05)?

  2. #2
    Bob Phillips
    Guest

    Re: Quarter End Date

    =DATE(YEAR(A1),(INT((MONTH(A1)+1)/3)+1)*3-1,0)

    Bob Phillips

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3

    Re: Quarter End Date

    Thanks very much--this is perfeect. Is there a way to generalize for
    any given fiscal year start (ie. use 11 for November as an input)?

  4. #4
    Bob Phillips
    Guest

    Re: Quarter End Date

    =DATE(YEAR(A1),(INT((MONTH(A1)-1)/3)+1)*3+CHOOSE(MOD(MONTH(fiscal_start_date
    ),3)+1,0,1,2),0)

  5. #5

    Re: Quarter End Date

    Is there a way to generalize for any fiscal month start using the
    following formula:

    DATE(YEAR(A1),CEILING(MONTH(A1),3)+1,DAY(0))

    This I find to be best because it can be used to find half-year and
    year-end intervals as well.

  6. #6
    Peo Sjoblom
    Guest

    Re: Quarter End Date

    Do you mean you want the last date of the month for any date you put in A1,
    or do you mean something else?

    Peo Sjoblom

    http://nwexcelsolutions.com

  7. #7

    Re: Quarter End Date

    Not really. Trying to write a generalizable formula to find the
    nearest month, quarter, half-year, or year-end, but able to accomodate
    different fiscal year start dates.

    For example, if the Fiscal Year begins in November and today's date is
    today, 4/6/06.

    Nearest month end: 4/30/06
    Nearest quarter end: 4/30/06
    Nearest half-year end: 4/30/06
    Nearest year-end: 10/31/06

    If the fiscal year began in January, then it would be:

    Nearest month end: 4/30/06
    Nearest quarter end: 6/30/06
    Nearest half-year end: 6/30/06
    Nearest year-end: 12/31/06