cannot shift objects off sheet after using Subtotals

  1. #1
    RealGomer
    Guest

    cannot shift objects off sheet after using Subtotals

    I have a spreadsheet that, after running Subtotals from the Data menu,
    returns the error message "Cannot shift objects off sheet" when I try to
    condense the spreadsheet. There are no comments on the spreadsheet. I
    selected all cells and pressed "Delete". The susbtotal range is below any
    text. After running Subtotals, there are a total of 2,374 roows. What gives?
    --
    I know enuff to be dangerous.

  2. #2
    SVC
    Guest

    RE: cannot shift objects off sheet after using Subtotals

    Another possibility is that you might already have the maximum number of
    columns (not rows). Hit Ctrl+End and see where you end up. If it is in
    column IV, there is the problem--remove any unneeded columns.

  3. #3
    SVC
    Guest

    RE: cannot shift objects off sheet after using Subtotals

    Actually, I got myself turned around in my initial response. Try Ctrl+End
    and see what row you end up in. You may have something in the last possible
    row (possibly a space in a cell). Also see if, by removing several rows, you
    can add subtotals.

  4. #4
    Lou
    Guest

    RE: cannot shift objects off sheet after using Subtotals

    Did you solve your problem, if so please tell me what to do. I have the same
    error .

  5. #5
    hackneymn
    Guest

    RE: cannot shift objects off sheet after using Subtotals

    Did anyone solve this problem?
    I have exactly the same issue - I have checked the end of the spreadsheet
    and its not in column IV. I have also deleted all rows and columns beyond the
    range of the sheet but still get the error mesage.
    Interestingly I still get the error message when I try to hide a column.
    Also is the mention of "objects" significant?

  6. #6
    Drusiel
    Guest

    RE: cannot shift objects off sheet after using Subtotals

    I've got that same problem when I try and hide columns. Having so much
    trouble sorting it! >_<