how can i highlight dupplicated in 2 sheets at a time?

  1. #1
    Rana Usman Khan
    Guest

    how can i highlight dupplicated in 2 sheets at a time?

    i wrote some files number in sheet1 and next month i wrote some files number
    again in sheet2 now i want to find dupplicates file numbers in both sheets
    and i want to highlight those files. can you please help me. it will be great
    help for me. thanks a lot in advance.

  2. #2
    Bob Phillips
    Guest

    Re: how can i highlight dupplicated in 2 sheets at a time?

    Look at conditional formatting in help.

    The only thing you need to know that the help doesn't mention is that when
    referring to ranges on different sheets, they need to refer to range names
    (Insert>Name>Define...) to work.

    Bob Phillips

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Ashish Mathur
    Guest

    RE: how can i highlight dupplicated in 2 sheets at a time?

    Hi,

    Try the following procedure.

    In sheet 2, highlight the file number range and follow this

    Go to Inset>Name>Defile and assign a name to it say files and in the refers
    to box, put the range. Here please remember to make the starting reference
    of the range as relative i.e. there should not be a $ sign. It should be
    something like this
    Sheet2!B2:$B$12

    Click on Add and come out of it

    In sheet 1, highlight the entire range of file names and then go to
    Format>Conditinal formatting andf then type

    =OR(EXACT(B6,files)). This assumed that B6 is the first cell which carries
    the file numbers. Change it accordingly.

    Next, go to the format tab and select the pattern colour. Click OK

    It should work fine now.

    Hope this helps. If you face an problems, please feel free to get in touch
    with me.

    Regards