Build an array constant with DATE function

  1. #1
    CliffD
    Guest

    Build an array constant with DATE function

    I am using DATE & WORKDAY to show working days between activities in a
    project plan I am preparing. So that the function can consider public
    holidays and other non-working dates, I want to build an array constant that
    contains the dates in question. The WORKDAY function can then refer to this
    array constant for its calculations.

    My question is: How do I set up an array constant based on the holiday
    dates I want to use?

    I want to use an array, rather than just a range of cells with the dates in
    them.

    I'm using Excel 2002 (10.6501.6735) with SP3. Windows XP Professional
    (Version 2002) SP2.

    Thanks in advance.

    Regards,

    Cliff

  2. #2
    Bob Phillips
    Guest

    Re: Build an array constant with DATE function

    You can use an array constant like so

    =WORKDAY(TODAY(),5,{"14/04/2006","17/04/2006"})

    if that is what you mean, but a range is far more flexible.

    Bob Phillips

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    CliffD
    Guest

    Re: Build an array constant with DATE function

    Bob,

    Thanks for this; I'll try it later. I've re-read the help text I was
    looking at, and the array constant works as long as the dates are converted
    to their serial number format. This obviously makes setting up the array a
    lot simpler and then by naming the array, it makes the task of pointing the
    function to the correct range of cells a lot easier.

    Thanks & regards,

    Cliff