Formula help

  1. #1
    ChuckF
    Guest

    Formula help

    I have two spreadsheets...one is a tally, the other is a detailed list.

    On sheet 1 I have lots of stores listed. On the second sheet I am
    trying to count all the "P"s in column Q of the first sheet, broken
    down by state.
    So...if row A on the first sheet says AL, then count the P's in column
    Q.

    I can't figure out how to combine a vlookup, with a countif...or if
    that's even what I want to do.

    Could someone please help out

    Thanks

  2. #2
    CLR
    Guest

    RE: Formula help

    Do Data > Filter > AutoFilter and select Alabama in the state column to
    filter only those Alabama rows,.......then use this formula to count the P's
    in column Q

    =SUBTOTAL(3,sheet1!Q:Q)

    Vaya con Dios,
    Chuck, CABGx3