Closed Thread
Results 1 to 2 of 2

assign numbers a value, then get percentage

  1. #1
    Lt. R
    Guest

    assign numbers a value, then get percentage

    I am trying to make a spreadsheet with Y as in yes, and N as in No. i want
    to assign the Y and N a value, then get a total percentage of yes's at the
    bottom. Once I have the spreadsheet populated by everyone all I have to do
    is look at the bottom and see what percantage is in compliance based off of
    the Y's entered in for each question.

  2. #2
    Bob Phillips
    Guest

    Re: assign numbers a value, then get percentage

    =COUNTIF(A1:A100,"Y"),COUNTA(A1:A100)

    and format the cell as a percentage.

    Bob Phillips

    news:[email protected]...