Vlookup updates

  1. #1
    sarah
    Guest

    Vlookup updates

    I am trying to vlookup data in column X based on a particular month eg
    December.

    Is that possible?

    Month x Data
    Mar-06 1 100
    Apr-06 2 51
    May-06 3 497
    Jun-06 4 494
    Jul-06 5 0
    Aug-06 6 10
    Sep-06 7 197
    Oct-06 8 495
    Nov-06 9 700
    Dec-06 10 747
    Jan-07 11 660
    Feb-07 12 542

    --
    sarah

  2. #2
    Biff
    Guest

    Re: Vlookup updates

    Hi!

    Try this:

    A1 = Lookup_value = December

    Formula needs to be array entered using the key combo of CTRL,SHIFT,ENTER:

    =INDEX(C2:C13,MATCH(A1,TEXT(A2:A13,"mmmm"),0))

    Biff

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Biff
    Guest

    Re: Vlookup updates

    Here's another way as long as there is only one entry per month (as in your
    posted example):

    Normally entered:

    A1 = December

    =SUMPRODUCT(--(TEXT(A2:A13,"mmmm")=A1),C2:C13)

    Biff

    news:%23N%[email protected]...