Generate Report

  1. #1
    Peter Carlson
    Guest

    Generate Report

    I have one sheet called master list which is basically a customer list of:

    custid, name, address, state, ...
    On a different sheet I want to make a report that does something like:

    State: <enter state>
    (Macro, or auto) Select * from master_list where $State_Col = state

    This way I can have a nice formatted report for each state, and I can
    simply enter the state and either run a macro, or have it auto run based
    upon a change in state to make the rest of the report.

    I know this is probably best suited for a database, but for right now we
    really like the auto-filter capability and dont want to move everything
    to a DB.

    Peter

  2. #2
    Pete_UK
    Guest

    Re: Generate Report

    Why not use Autofilter, then, selecting the State from your State
    column? You can highlight the visible cells and copy them to another
    sheet quite easily.

    Hope this helps.

    Pete

  3. #3
    Peter Carlson
    Guest

    Re: Generate Report

    Because I want to avoid a copy and paste. I need to automate it just a
    little bit. So I have this function

    Sub DoReport()
    With Worksheets("Master List")
    .Range("A2:O2").Copy Destination:=Worksheets("Report").Range("A4")
    End With

    End Sub

    But I would like to modify that so it paste's only values (no formating,
    like paste special) and so that it only selects where state = $Report$A1

    Peter