Automated Popups

  1. #1
    Brad.R.Sutton
    Guest

    Automated Popups

    Good Day,

    I would like a popup screen to come up automatically when a spreadsheet is
    open. This popup will provide directions to the users of the spreadsheet. (I
    have a second sheet that provides directions but, I would like to emphasize a
    couple points. I hope this is a feature within Excel but, I wouldn’t be
    surprised if I need to use VBA code to make it happen. Any suggestions,
    would be greatly appreciated.

    Thanks,

    Brad

  2. #2
    ah
    Guest

    RE: Automated Popups

    It is the MsgBox function within VBA procedures that will help you.
    Here is an example of a MSgBox that might work for you.

    Take this routine, insert it into into a module in your worksheet. Then
    close and open the sheet again. Then change ths message as you need to

    Private Sub Workbook_Open()
    Dim Msg, Style, Title, Help, Ctxt, Response, MyString
    Msg = "This is a reminder only - Don't forget to change the status to
    it's appropriate level"
    Style = vbOKOnly
    Title = "Data Prompt"
    Response = MsgBox(Msg, Style, Title)