How to total rows in Excel with non-value cells like "included"?

  1. #1
    HR
    Guest

    How to total rows in Excel with non-value cells like "included"?

    I am trying to calculate a number using =sum(D5*4)+B55, but one of the cells
    contains the the word "included". It's a pricing model, so it's important to
    note in a cell that something is included vs. $0 cost. When I add am just
    adding, =sum(B5:B12), it works fine, but not when I use the multiplier. It
    seems like this must be a simple solution, but I can't come up with it...

  2. #2
    Gary L Brown
    Guest

    RE: How to total rows in Excel with non-value cells like "included"?

    =sum(if(D5="included",0,D5)*4)+if(B55 = "included",0,B55)

    HTH,
    --
    Gary Brown
    gary_brown@ge_NOSPAM.com

  3. #3
    HR
    Guest

    RE: How to total rows in Excel with non-value cells like "included

    Thanks so much - it works perfectly now!!